ThatвЂ™s interesting #86: Sam Horn therefore the Intrigue Agency Open Nominations when it comes to 2012 POP! Hall of Fame
вЂњThe simplest way to corner a distinct segment is always to produce a distinct segment. As well as the way that is best to generate a niche is to вЂ¦ coin your own word.вЂќ вЂ“ Sam Horn
Experienced a few early entries when it comes to 2012 POP! Hall of Fame вЂ¦ and thought IвЂ™d share them to kick-start your reasoning in what newly-coined NURDS (New Words) youвЂ™d prefer to submit with this yearвЂ™s contest.
Past champions have actually included:
* Diabesity: Dr. Francine KaufmanвЂ™s term for the epidemic of Type 2 Diabetes this is certainly set off by obesity.
* Snuba: ItвЂ™s half snorkel and half scuba вЂ¦ also itвЂ™s a brand new multi-million dollar industry.
* Freakonomincs: might you run right away and purchase the newest tome on economics? Not likely. But authors Dubner and Levy switched their concept into an international brand вЂ“ movies sugar daddy phoenix az, news appearances, blog sites, 6-figure consulting contracts вЂ“ by providing it a first-of-its-kind title that appealed to your public.
* A.W. Shucks: What else can you call an oyster club in Charleston, SC?
* Yappy Hour: The getaway Inn in Alexandria, VA has gotten vast amounts of free press because of its revolutionary Friday night вЂњpetworkingвЂќ opportunities for dogs.
* YOUmanity: Aviva arrived up because of the perfect title for their вЂњchain of kindnessвЂќ philantrhopy campaign
* Geek2Geek.com: Think Match.com for pocket protector kinds. As you individual advertising proclaimed, вЂњTall, dork and handsome.вЂќ
* SerenDestinyВ®: Okay, we acknowledge it, IвЂ™m partial to the one as itвЂ™s the name of my next guide. And like Tongue Fu!В®, IвЂ™ve had the oppertunity to trademark В® that is serenDestiny means it may be merchandised and monetized вЂ¦ in perpetuity.
* Java Jacket: You canвЂ™t build a small business around an name that is un-prounounceable. Therefore Jay Sorenson provided those вЂњcardboard insulating sleevesвЂќ you put around your glass of coffee an easy-to-say-and-remember title.
* Revenew: Just met the creator of the start-up in NYC at the WOIS Summit. YouвЂ™ve heard of Spell Check? This might be a fantastic exemplory instance of a POP! strategy called Spell Chuck. Chuck the spelling that is normal of word and show up with your personal. Brilliant.
*Tiecoon: This store in NYCвЂ™s Penn facility вЂ“ which sells neckties to Wall Street financiers вЂ“ stopped me personally in my own songs and inspired me to snap a photograph. That is the idea. If itвЂ™d been known as JackвЂ™s ties, I would personally have walked on by and never even noticed it. Does your shop title have actually people at hello?
Now, just in case thinking that is youвЂ™re вЂњOkay, they are clever names. Big whoop.вЂќ
Please comprehend вЂ¦ NURDS arenвЂ™t petty; theyвЂ™re lucrative.
It is not wordplayвЂ¦this is wordcash.
Many of these true names have actually aided their products or services, organizations or solutions BE NOTICED and get noticed, remembered вЂ¦ and rich.
A number of these true names have actually produced millions in income because of their owners.
In reality, as Jay Sorenson, originator of Java Jackets says, вЂњCustomers whom supposed to phone my competitors really wind up calling me вЂ¦because they canвЂ™t keep in mind my rivalsвЂ™ names.вЂќ
Therefore, exactly what first-of-its-kind company, guide, item, shop names maybe you have seen this current year? Just what NURD that is intriguing popped and got your attention?
Submit your entry by e-mail to Sam@IntrigueAgency.com for the 2012 POP! Hall of Fame competition вЂ¦ and send a photograph if youвЂ™d like.
WeвЂ™ll post the most useful NURDS 0n our web log as well as on our Facebook web page.
Winning entries whom result in the last top ten champions into the 2012 POP! Hall of Fame get a copy that is free of! вЂ¦ or the selection of any one of our publications.